Lunch Meeting at UCSD
Present: Scott Makeig, Arnaud Delorme, Jeff Grethe, Nima Bigdely Shamlo, William Seto, Manansala Ramil
- Incentive to get something working quickly
- Will and Ramil to visit SCCN the next week
- Use of test data for testing the database framework. See ressources.
- Need of a SURVEY especially with the folks from UC Davis
- Present something at Human Brain Mapping June 2010 Target in Barcelona
- File format: HDF5 not so good anymore. Saving small files is fast but saving 400 Mb file does take 10 minutes. Discussed the GDF format http://www.dpmi.tu-graz.ac.at/~schloegl/biosig/GDF2.0/ which is a better extension of EDF. XML could be interesting because it is expendable. However storage of binary information within XML files is not customary.
- The database should allow for a Video/Audio presentation (recorded by the person who run the experiment) to be stored.
- Use of objects to define paradigms. This way they are adaptable to specific paradigms. Maybe the same framework could be used to store different file types associated with EEG data?Please someone give more detail here.
- Liferay is a good framework for integrating Java PHP and other application.
- Google Wave might be a good way to exchange and annotate data