To help the IT staff gather network statistics- please do the following on any browsers you are using:
- Navigate to: http://www.speedtest.net
- Once at Speedtest.net, click on the "Settings" link in the upper right hand corner:
- After clicking on Settings, scroll down to the "Global Settings" section, select "Los Angeles, CA[~akallu:US] - DreamHost" and hit Save at the bottom of the page.
In the event of any network performance issues while off-campus (ex: NIF from London), please do the following (after making sure all above steps have been completed):
- Then click on "Begin Test Preferred Server"
- After the test is completed, you may click on "View Speed Wave" to compare your current connection against others in the Speed Wave.