- New services released** Additional Ontology Access Services have been added. A complete list of ontology services can be accessed here https://confluence.crbs.ucsd.edu/display/NIF/OntoQuestMain** Additional SOLR Service have been added to access the NIF web and registry contents. More information about the API interfaces can be accessed here https://confluence.crbs.ucsd.edu/display/NIF/NIF Web Query Services
- SPARQL endpoint is available to query NIFSTD ontology terms. More information can be found here https://confluence.crbs.ucsd.edu/display/NIF/Sparql+endpoint
- New features added in the search interfaces** Enhanced concept-based search through auto-expansion of neuronal cell classes to subclasses defined in our ontology (try "GABAergic neuron" and "Cerebellum neuron" to see how it works).** MyNIF allows the users to save their searches. Look for the "save search" button below the query box.
- Search results are now highlighted according to semantic category in the NIF ontologies.
- User can now add terms from their search results for a new search. Right click on the highlighted terms and click add/replace term to query.
- Users can see brief scientific information about the highlighted terms in NIF cards. Right click on the highlighted terms to fetch addition options.
- Tool tips added on the different areas of the search screen with information about the different controls.
- Number of characters displayed in the descriptions field have been reduced so the user can see more results in the available screen area. A more button has been added for the user if they want to see the complete text.
- New NIF literature database based on full text index of open access literature. Available through literature tab
- New literature database from NeuroMorpho on neuronal morphology available through the literature tab.
- Improved performance and stability of NIF Literature.
- Several bugs resolved from the search interface** Resolved: Several bugs related to AND/OR of query terms have been resolved.** Resolved: Browser related issues listed below have been resolved.;
- Resolved: Mouse scroll button produces garbled terms in the search option window.;
- Resolved: Unexpected search textbox behavior on auto-complete after the results window maximized and restored.;
- *Resolved: If you cut and paste the term in to the search box the search button is not enabled.
- *Resolved: If you are running NIF on Internet Explorer on slower network, you may see a dialog box saying "Stop running the script? A script on this page is causing your Internet Explorer to run slowly. If it continues to run, your computer may become unresponsive." Click Yes and your results will be displayed on your browser.;
- *Resolved: When you are on the registry tab and If you hit "clear" button to clear search, you may see a dialog box saying "Stop running the script? A script on this page is causing your Internet Explorer to run slowly. If it continues to run, your computer may become unresponsive." Click Yes and your results will be displayed on your browser.
*New in NIF 2.5.1
- Known issues** Scroll bars problems on the NIF results page is a known issue on the browsers running on a low screen resolution.** We are still testing the new release with different browser and uncovering issues. We will posted those issues here as we learn.
- "Save Search" feature may result in an error and not save a search (very intermittent).
- Trying to re-select a saved search (if you only have one saved search and have run a new query or cleared the search) will not re-execute the search.
- Categories in the registry tab are not displayed for certain searches.
- Upcoming features (Stay tuned)** Improved performance and stability of Pubmed results.** NIF Cards are released as a beta product, please provide us with your feedback on NIF Cards.
Screen shots for the top 6 features of NIF version 2.5 here http://www.neuinfo.org/tutorials/general_search/nif2.5_newfeatures.shtm